Monday, November 12, 2007

Well it was bound the happen sooner or later...

I would have been happier had it happened 3 days later though. Doh! The dollar tanked - the worst fall since 1971. Everything is relative though. Three weeks ago my jaw was hanging open in shock and it was at precisely the same level it is now. Its different on the way up than on the way down though. And with only a few more days - three - left until I could have paid our Disney vacation off. I fell like I just lost a hundred dollars although Daniel keeps reminding me I haven't lost anything. I never had it. But in my dreams I did. Last week the dollar did truly bizarre things. Even I knew it wasn't good and could not last but, as I imagined a dollar worth a dollar fifty; as I skipped happily through fields seeded with US dollars and picked them in happiness, filling my basket, I lived in a wonderful fantasy world. Then this morning the US Fed dropped the lending rate. And later the price of oil dropped. And last week Canada's trade surplus wasn't as high as expected (quelle surprise with a dollar that was giving people nosebleeds). And presto chango, I'm poor again. Dreams dashed. Internet cross border shopping at a complete halt. Oh the humanity! This was what it was like the season after the Jays had won two World Series in a row. It's not as fun when the team you have gotten used to just winning, just tanks.

Back in the real world. Kamryn is still sick. My mother has convinced herself that I'm the worse parent in the world for not yet having taken her to the doctor. She has a temperature - it's got to be Meningitis! lol Yup the kid who had three pancakes for breakfast and was using our iron bed frame as a climbing aparatus. That kid has Meningitis? Why does she always think Menigitis? I don't get it. My crazy parents.

No comments: