Saturday, November 03, 2007

Catty Post Day 3

Okay let me catty for a moment (an eternal moment lol).

This is a post from a board I frequent. A mother, frustrated with how often her kindergartner has been sick this fall asked the rest of the board some questions. These are another posters answers:

How many times since the beginning of September has
your child/children been sick?

Child A started school in August, and up
to her report card had missed 4 days, and has been out two more since.

Here's our year so far...

1st day of school
- nurse called, we had to pick/up because Child A had a fever

2nd day of
school - out with high fever

Next week - nurse called again, so missed
1/2 day, plus the entire next day due to high fever

Following week - out
on that Friday due to hives all over her body and high fever. FWIW, she
eventually was diagnosed with walking pneumonia.

Mid-October, sent home 1/2 day for throwing up at
school and missed the next day with a stomach virus.

This week, sent home on Tuesday 1/2 for high fever
and stayed home on Wednesday with high fever.


She's been in daycare since she was 3 months
old. I thought we would be immune to all these bugs. Guess not!!

Ummm… I hope there are a lot of people biting their posting fingers not to say anything. A few people reached out in sympathy but isn’t it odd the number of days she has been sent home from school sick. That is one busy nurse! Doesn’t this mother look at her kid in the morning. Does she pay any attention at all? Kamryn has been sent home from school once in a year and a half. And I felt horribly guilty about it. In hindsight the symptoms where there in the morning I just missed them in the hustle and the bustle of getting ready. I learned my lesson quickly. If Kamryn looks/acts sick in the morning I take her temperature and keep her home. It's not that hard!

Ummm… I almost feel no sympathy for this family considering how many other children are probably missing school because of Patient X here.

I remember the first illness this child had. I remember the mother posting about how Child A had a high fever the day before and didn’t seem much better the next day. I was a little sympathetic in that who wants their kid to miss the first day of school ever (I still questioned the fact that she sent her anyways) but obviously this is a pattern.

Okay cattiness over.

No comments: