Thursday, November 15, 2007

I almost forgot to post this.

So my boss (actually my boss three times removed; so technically my boss’s boss’s boss) had a heart attack yesterday. At work. Paramedics and all that stuff followed by open heart surgery. He isn’t 50 yet. Heck I’d be surprised if he was much older than 45.

Today has people going to the gym and buying red wine and talking about reduced stress loads etc. etc.

It has me thinking about getting some more exercise (but not too stringently wouldn’t want to tire myself by thinking too hard lol). Sigh. I’ve morphed into a real couch potato lately and haven’t been enjoying it. I keep thinking I should start to train for my vacation at the end of January. For two reasons: one because I look AWFUL in pictures and there will most likely be a lot of pictures; two walking kilometers and kilometers every day is going to kill me.

I haven’t exercised much at all since coming down with plantar fascitis (kind of a tendonitis of the tendon that runs along the bottom of your foot) last winter. Really easy to make an excuse around that one. And it takes so darn long to heal it is quite a self sustaining excuse. Lame, lame, lame. (oh lookie a pun; I kill me. lol)

Tonight, I pledge to walk five kilometers on ye olde treadmill.

Right now I’m going to go an walk around the mall a bit and try not to spend money. At the very least it will get me away from my office and technically break up a stressful day in which I have done NOTHING. Yup all I have done today is surf because there is nothing for me to write (shhhh that last happened… I can’t remember when that last happened.)

P.S. Today I can pay off my vacation. Today the dollar is at its lowest in almost month. :(
P.P.S. Ten minutes after I wrote this – emergency 20 minute speech needed. way. Too funny in a masochistic way.

No comments: