Sunday, November 11, 2007

Cars and Star Wars - same producer right? Writers? Director? No?

So today my kids were started down the road to geekdom. As I type this they are watching Star Wars for the first time. They have no understanding what is going on. In the movie or in their lives. Daniel though is in seventh heaven sharing this with his kids. Dominic is terrified that something is going to happen to his hero: Darth Mader. Yup that wasn’t a typo. The evil villain in Star Wars has been reduced to a cute rusted tow truck. I guess Darth Mader can always join forces with the “Injector roles” or the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles as the rest of the world knows them.

On another note the reason they are glued to the TV instead of doing something productive is that Kamryn is sick AGAIN. Last night by dinner she was running a fever of 101. I thought it might be a reaction to the flu vaccine (I know it’s not a live vaccine but it seemed possible). This morning though it was still up there and by lunch time, even with Motrin it was 102. I’m thinking NOT a reaction to the shot. Maybe strep? We just treated her for strep last month! Sam had it and then Kamryn came down with a cold with a high fever so we thought it best to treat her for it (pretty certain it was strep in the end). So here we go again. This kid gets everything going. Sam – never sick (with the exception of the strep he had last month. Coincidently right after I bragged to a friend that he was never sick).

In an interesting contrast to our day yesterday, today, not one member of my family got out of their PJs – it’s a holiday so why not I guess.

Okay back to our family movie night for me.

No comments: