Saturday, November 10, 2007

A nice relaxing Saturday... not!

Ugh! It’s been a busy somewhat stressgul day and its barely 12:30. This morning I couldn’t get out of bed – total laziness, no other excuse. Consequently we were late for Kamryn’s piano lesson. Not a lot late but late nonetheless. This was compounded by the fact that her piano teacher was ill and there was a young substitute who while talented wasn’t her normal teacher. She didn’t know the routine or capabilities of the kids and while she tried hard she was just a substitute. Once class was over – the joys of living in the suburbs – we had to dash the ten-minute drive back home to grab Sam and Daniel and zip back across our little suburban town to get the Doctor’s office (another 10-minute sojourn). And why to the Doctor’s you might ask. Well it was flu shot time. Sigh.

Kamryn is NOT a good shot taker. Everything was perfect until the winter she was four. Things have gone downhill since then. Sam isn’t easy either but as Daniel put it he’s smaller and easier to hold down. Kamryn takes MUCH persuasion, time AND two adults. I was the lucky one though. I seperated my shoulder about 6 weeks ago and there is no way I would have been capable of holding down a canary with two broken wings much less one of my VERY strong children. So Daniel got that happy duty while I entertained whatever kid wasn’t being tortured in the outer room. While Sam was getting his shot I took Kamryn out of the room and she thanked me (poor thing) for not making her get one. I had to basically drag her back in the room when her time came. Grab Sam and escape before she realized wheat was happening.

Sadly, if she was Sam I would probably have just let it go but Kamryn gets every bug going and it always goes to her chest and she ends up with a terrible wheeze/cough for weeks. She’s had pneumonia twice already (last time just this past summer).

After shots, which took much longer than expected because of Kamryn, we again raced 10-minutes across town to get Sam to his soccer class – late. Again just by a bit but late nonetheless. I hate being late. It stresses me out makes me feel all ill inside. Then Kamryn and I went for a nice relaxing coffee (well she had hot chocolate) at Starbucks. That was kind of relaxing but I had coffee with caffeine – a rarity – and now I’m just all skittish. Kamryn charmed everyone at Starbucks. I just sat there and took credit for my generally charming kid. That was nice. :) After coffee we shoe shopped a little (there is a good shoe store next to Starbucks) . It was a fun Mother-daughter thing to be doing; even though neither or us needed shoes in the slightest. I found a really cute pair for Kamryn that I needed her to try on just as we should have been leaving to pick up Daniel and Sam so in the end we were... ummm… late again. Another 10-minute drive.

Then home to shovel lunch into the kids to get Kamryn out of the house for the last ten-minute drive of the day: her soccer class. She and Daniel just left. The should be on time.

Me though: I’m still bouncing off the walls. I’m hyper and exhausted all at the same time. Is that even possible?

No comments: