Tuesday, November 20, 2007

The post that I wrote yesterday and forgot to put up; for true. :)

In a couple of months I will have to register Sam for school in the fall of 2008. Sam. Little Sam who on his best days bounces off the walls – with enthusiasm! He’s so little. I don’t remember Kamryn being this little. I remember being so ready to send her off to school. I was so excited. She was so ready. I obsessed over it for months.

I’m not as ready to send Sam. Did I mention how very little he is? He has little hands and a little body and a wee, wee, wee attention span. There isn’t anything wrong with him. He’s a normal 3 ½ year old boy but I’m glad I’m not his teacher.

Its funny me looking at him as little because I know he was short-changed. For the longest while it was hard for my brain to get around that he was little (he was just older somehow when we brought him home; our little unhappy man) and now my brain has once again been thrown for a loop.

School will be good for him. If anything, it should calm him down some. He does well at preschool. Whenever I go to pick him up he is engaged and calm (not so much afterwards!). It’s going to be a long day for him though. Preschool is all of 2 ½ hours. Starting in September, the bus will pick him up at 8:45 am and drop him off at home or his grandparents house at around 4:15. Gonna wipe him out completely.

I hope he likes it. I know the two kids will be thrilled to be going to school together. Kamryn will be happy to play the big sister role and Sam will be happy to be a “big kid.” Did I mention how little he is?

1 comment:

pithydithy said...

I'm pretty clear that Sam came home t you, ohhhh, maybe two months ago. So he's plainly too small for school! :-)