Thursday, November 29, 2007

We went to see Santa last night.

I told the kids that if they were good at dinner and ate quickly that I had a suprise for them. When I took Kamryn up to comb out her hair she tried to weasle the surprise out of me.

Kamryn: Maman, I'm a pirate now. And you're a pirate too. You and are girl pirates and Papa and Sam are boy pirates. Pirates can keep secrets.

Me: MMMM hmmm

Kamryn: So can you tell me the surprise.

Me: I thought I was a pirate and was keeping a secret.

Kamryn: Not from me, Maman, we're partners.

Me: Oh, I thought Papa was my partner.

Kamryn: (said in an exasperated, how can you be so dense voice) No Maman, the girl pirates are partners and the boy pirates are partners.

Me: Ah, I think I'll keep my secret anyways.

When they got to the mall they were all excited until the prospect of actually sitting on the Jolly Old Elf's knee was proposed. Then they decided they would do it together. I think this scared Santa a little. They are getting big and Santa is real old. I wanted seperate pics anyways and since Santa looked scared I felt justified in manipulating my children to do what I wanted.

The photographer was all giddy over MY camera and asked if he could take some photos of the kids with it for me. I said sure as he explained that it wasn't really allowed. Ummm... yeah I know having been told that if I wanted to take pictures in the past it had to be from off the stage. I wish he'd made his generous offer BEFORE I laid out the $40 for the two picture packages (I would have gone for the cheapest package on offer in the knowledge that I had decent pictures in my own camera).

I don't know what the official pics look like because I still have to pick them up from the mall. Here are the ones that were in my camera. Sam looks VERY nervous (and he was). He warmed up shortly after the photo was taken though and gleefully asked for his Mommy planted suggested present. He was quite annoyed when we left before Santa gave it to him. lol Kamryn also did a good job of asking for her not-so-subliminally Mommy recommended present. I'm thinking it won't be as easy to fool them next year. To be honest these kids don't watch commercial TV - they don't know what they want. I'm jsut helping.

Anyway you really don't want me to blather. Here are the pics:



No comments: