Sunday, August 16, 2009

I'm bored

Who would have thought I'd had enough of "nothing." I've been sitting reading on the couch for an hour and I don't want to do that anymore. Can you believe that? Pretty much what I did all day yesterday though. Daniel went to help an out-of-town friend's daughter find and apartment for university and I stayed home trapped (read: carless) with the kids. It was a wonderfully hot day and I set a new kiddy pool up for them on the front lawn. I then sat in the cool of the living room and read, did a puzzle, played Sims on my laptop while they had a whale of a time in the water. Today I guess I could do more of the same but I so don't want to. I just don't know where to start.

After 5 weeks of vacation we've done A LOT. The house looks as good and put together as its going to be. I'm sitting in my freshly painted and organized family room right now. We've visited Museums, zoos, parks and libraries. We've ridden bikes and roller bladed. We've swam and we've picnicked.

A bike ride might be nice but its a little warm (oh how wonderful!) for the kids (let the whinning commence!). I guess with adequate water we should just go for it but maybe that's a smarter activity for after dinner when it cools a little. Kamryn wants to have a friend over. I can't emphasize how much I hate watching other people's kids. Despite that I believe we've fufilled our social obligations to her school friends and its their parents turn to watch my kid for a bit. We owe a few neighbours a reciprocal visit but the neighbourhood is pretty quiet today - many friends are away.

I guess, its going to be a quiet day. In a few weeks I'll be begging for this I know. Right now though I want to be busy.

No comments: