Monday, August 17, 2009

I want to be a dentist with gloves


Edited to add the photo. Obviously this was written before the blessed event. He is VERY proud of himself.

Sam is about to lose his first tooth (if it doesn't come out today it will most definitely come out tomorrow). He's freaked out about it and started to wail (with no warning) jump up an down and exclaim that his tooth was going to fall out. Ummm... that's what it is supposed to do dear. I asked him if it hurt and he said no. So I asked him what he was wailing about. He paused for a moment and then continued to wail and jump up and down. Based on previous Sam experiences I thought it best to walk away.

Kamryn on the other hand is VERY excited. She's giving advice and directing his wiggling efforts and keeps trying to pull the tooth out herself. I think I've asked her three times to keep her hands out of her brother's mouth. She has a declared desire to be a dentist. She has now informed us she wants to be a dentist with gloves because its so yucky. Ummm... keep your hands out of your brother's mouth!

Meanwhile, I'm frantically searching online for a store near here that stocks "tooth fairy books" because in our home on the first visit the tooth fairy leaves a book about herself. With Kamryn I had weeks of warning. Sam has kind of taken me by surprise. I think I've found a good one and will run out and get it when (ironically) I get back from taking Sam to the dentist this afternoon. He has an appointment today because at his last appointment a month ago, he refused to open his mouth. Definitely a boy with oral issues.

No comments: