Thursday, August 31, 2006

Okay I'm trying something new...

I'm always pleased to receive comments on my enteries. It bolsters my ego (which needs constant stroking or it gets cranky) and makes me feel loved. :) So thank you to those that post. Thank you to to those that read and do not post; I'm actually guilty of doing that on far to many people's blogs.

I do however feel quite guilty that people ask me things and make suggestions and I appear to ignore them. I'm not ignoring you at all I just don't always figure out how to respond appropriately. I could just make seperate enteries but I have a small brain that is very cluttered with important worries (like how to make lunch for a child and when to eat my own lunch. Sigh it's 2 pm and I have again forgotten to eat lunch and will now ruin my dinner). I often forget to make said important enteries and then weeks have gone by and it seems pointless since no one will have any idea what I am talking about.

It was easy on TLOL because I would get an e-mail with someone's comment and I could just reply to the e-mail. Not so easy here. Except I do have an easy mechanism that if I had a bigger brain I would have figured out sooner - make a comment of my own.

So I'm making comments on my own blog which not only lets people know that I appreciate them and care about what they have to say but also has the added advantage of building my comment numbers. lol

Okay now I'm worrying that those I don't respond to will think I don't like them...

I'm getting an ulcer. I do like you. I just didn't have anything intelligent to say except thank you. :)

Is it bad to have peanuts and diet coke for lunch?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm posting just to stroke your ego. LOL Just kidding - but I can relate to the guestbook thing. Sometimes I just ask a question in my journal just to get some guestbook replies. Heehee, I'm so sneaky!

Running Potato said...

Eureka! I'm on to something! *grin* Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Hi - I have recently started reading your blog, I wanted to send you an email as our stories are somewhat similar - biracial family, biracial kids both adopted domestically. In my case 2 boys. Full contact with one birthfamily, none with the other. Transracial adoption thrown in. I also got a kick about your lunch story that sounds like something I would do (but never fess up to..at least publicly) and finally I have a very calm and quite measured husband..sounds like someone you know???I am enjoying reading your blog.

Anonymous said...

Ooops I wrote a comment and then hit publish but nothing happened. And I run a technology division with over 200 staff!! I completly identify with your lunch entry. The main reason I am commenting is that it struck me that we have a lot in common - Biracial couple, 2 biracial kids, both domestic adoption, transracial adoption thrown in, very quiet, calm husband who does not say much (the kids and I make up !) Ah hah but I have some more twists, we are Australian expats in New York! I wanted to send you my email but did not want to publish it on your blog...I love reading your blog.. I also related to the birthparent entry you had.

Earthchild618 said...

I am a guilty of reading and not always posting. It is like I have time to read but not post today. Then I come back, re-read, and then post a comment to your last 45 entries all at once (usually on my day off when I have more time). I usually do not comment back to people on my blog either. I feel guilty like you do also....

Anonymous said...

As someone who sometimes comments I can say that I really don't expect you commenting back every time I post. Moreso because I never asked a question, just felt like expressing my excitement/enjoyment. :-)
I am more looking forward to your new entries about your wonderful kids than anything else. :-)

Running Potato said...

Jenn,

You make me giggle. You are my #1 champion -- a veritable commenting goddess. Are you sure you aren't Canadian and just like to apologize. ;)

Running Potato said...

Sydneymum,

haven't been ignoring your comments (hope you see my response). I'm just flattered and think it's kind of cool we have so much in common. Your comment pointed something out to me -- my lack of e-mail address. I'm trying to correct that. This blog now has an e-mail address all it's own: afunnythinghappened@gmail.com. Unfortunately, I'm having technical difficulties trying to change my template to reflect that. I will persevere though... Stay tuned!

Running Potato said...

Waving at Katia just because I think you're sweet. :)