Thursday, August 10, 2006

And thus ends day one of my life as a single parent ...

No Daniel hasn't left me; well entirely. He's gone home to help his parents out for a few days. His father is very ill with Alzheimers and his mother is very alone. To go with the kids would be no help at all. They are noisy and rambunctious and would just annoy their grandfather who I doubt would know who they were or why the were there. :( Makes me want to cry. As a toddler, Kamryn used to follow her grandpérè around everywhere and he just ate it all up. He wasn't with it enough when we visited last summer to truly understand where Sam even came from. I just spent all my time trying to keep Sam out of his way. Okay I am starting to cry so I must stop talking about Luc. Say a prayer for him please...

I took the day off work because my parents schedules just weren't lining up at all today and I needed to stay home with the kids. Anyway, I dropped Daniel at the airport this morning (what a wonderful day to fly...NOT) and I've been on my own since 10 am. Until I go to bed though it's not THAT unusual an experience. Daniel often works very late and I handle dinner and bedtime by my lonesome but it's pretty rare I go to bed alone. Bed beckons though. Am I avoiding it. I think subconsciously since it has never occurred to me to sit and write a blog entry at midnight before.

I just wanted to somehow record the passing of the days. Was a busy night and will actually be a pretty full couple of days - playdate tomorrow after work, golf date on Saturday with some buddies (my parents will watch Tweedledee and Tweedledum for me), picnic with friends on Sunday. Monday and Tuesday are looking a little empty now but. until the phone started ringing tonight around 8, so did the weekend. lol

Okay need to go to bed. To complicate my life just a little the Minister's office broke a cardinal rule this week (the speechwriting unit has a mandate to lay about and do nothing all summer because no one needs speeches when the House isn't in session). He has gone and planned a two week trip to the Pacific Rim. He needs something like 13 speeches! I've got three to so. I want to be out of the house by 7:15 am and that will be somewhat of a challenge, I'm sure.

More from me tomorrow if ai find a moment, maybe 'round midnight. :)

1 comment:

Earthchild618 said...

I will say a prayer for Luc. {{hugs}}