Tuesday, August 29, 2006

My Across the Street Neighbour

Some may remember my posts about my neighbour who has waited it seems FOREVER to adopt a baby from Russia. Well, they left this morning to go and bring Maxime (pronounced Max-eem, we have another french Canadian on our street lol) home. He's 16 months old and just adorable. White blond hair and blue eyes and a little moon face. Can't wait to meet him. They are going to have so much fun.

I've never known a "real-life" contemporary who has adopted before (I've met many online friends that have been down that path but it's different when the person lives across the street). All my adoption experience have been friends that were adopted or friends of my parents who were adopting. This is the first time I have "seen it all go down." You know, I'm more excited for them than I was for friends who have been pregnant (even those who have undergone infertility treatments). I think it's because I understand how bad the ache and despair is and I know how much fun they are going to have. I'm just giddy for them.

Maxime may be the last addition to our street for a long while. I do have a neighbour who's daughter was tragically born stillborn this spring but I don't know what there plans are (I think they MIGHT try again but I know her heart is hurting :(). I think pretty much all of my other neighbours families are complete. It's been a 6 year cycle of babies, babies and more babies and now everyone's house is full :).

1 comment:

Earthchild618 said...

How wonderful for them! I hope they have a wonderful trip bringing home their son!