Friday, February 10, 2006

Trapped Inside

Yesterday, a french elementary school not to far from here had to close because over 1/3 of their teachers and students had to be sent home (or I guess were already at home) with Norovirus. It was a big enough story (or perhaps a slow enough news day (should have asked Daniel who cut the story)) to make the 6'oclock news. I can't handle Norovirus right now. As I told Claude this morning: I have a rotten cold (I feel like I shovelled Coal all night), AF is here; I can't handle throwing up kids or for the matter throwing up me on top of it all.

It may already be too late (last time Norovirus visted it respected it's 5-day incubation period almost to the hour). Kamryn was a preschool on both Monday and Wednesday with kids who no doubt have siblings that go to the "infected" school. We spent Tuesday morning running around an indoor park at the mall with kids who also probably go to this school (although if memory serves I didn't hear much french being spoken. ) I'm hoping my judicious use of Purell whenever we leave that Park might save me. Today you couldn't get me to leave the house with these kids if you paid me HUGE sums of money.

We're in hiding. It's - 14 C (6 F) out so no playing outside either. Just went upstairs and got them ALL our extra pillows so they are having a whale of time with that. Don't know how long that will last. I don't have the energy to be all that creative as this cold is just kicking my butt but I'm trying to keep the TV/DVD player off as long as possible. This of course will all be undone on Sunday because they have a birthday party to go to (next door) and it would be cruel not to let them attend if everyone is healthy. Lordy I hate Norovirus, when we had it last year I don't think I've ever felt more awful. We actually had to send Kamryn away because we were too sick to take care of her.

No comments: