Sunday, February 19, 2006

Sam is sick

Not going to the hospital sick. Not even sure he is need a doctor sick. He is just having a rougher time with the cold that both Kamryn and I have already weathered. His seems to have moved to his chest and today he's running a slight temp. I think I will call the Doctor tomorrow just to have her check and make sure his ears are clear.

I mention this only because he's also really pleasant as a sick kid. He's not acting particularly sick ('cept he's not sleeping well). He's just a little more subdued than normal and it's so nice to have him this way. He's not bouncing off the walls in his normal superball on speed manner. He's cuddly in a "not changing my mind and wanting to get up and down every three seconds" way.

Don't know how long this will last; might be over by dinner but is it bad to like your kid more when he's sick than when he's healthy? That sounds awful. It's just he's slowed down enough for us to enjoy him properly and completely rather than in dribs and drabs.

I'm also doing the mother cub thing a bit I think. Fawning over him and cuddling more because I know he's not feeling well. I'm probably more enjoyable to him right now too. Probably a two-way street here. Poor guy really sounds awful.

Okay enough musings for me. I better go finish cooking dinner.

No comments: