Friday, February 17, 2006

Pregnant Doctors and Birthmother worries

It’s the very definition of blustery out. It was 2 C when we got up this morning supposedly (was supposed to be 8!) and now, at 2 pm, well it’s about –12 and falling. The wind is blowing… hard! It was pushing out truck around on the highway like it was a tinker toy. Brrrrr… We had to go out too because today was the day “my friends” come over. Kamryn calls the maids we have who come to clean every two weeks my friends. Lol Friends who come and clean your home from top to bottom are the best type of friends to have.

Started my morning with a visit to the gynecologist. My pregnant gynecologist. Ugh! I was sitting in the waiting room of the clinic (it’s a multi-disciplinary clinic) and congratulating myself for not having to sit in a waiting room full of pregnant women and then my doctor walks into the examination room with a basketball under her shirt. Sigh. Can’t win. She is due next month and looks fabulous of course. Tall and thin with the perfect basketball stomach.

Anyway, we’re going to do a lap next month and see if I have endo for sure (I still don’t think I do but we’ll see). Luckily she has had a cancellation (I keep thinking some lucky lady got pregnant even though this doctor isn’t an RE) so I get to go on the 10th. My next choice we September. I wasn’t waiting until September (not that I would have had a choice if the March 10th date wasn’t open). We have tickets to go to Disney on Ice with Kamryn’s best friend and her family on the the 12th. This is my biggest worry. I really want to go and think I will depending on, I guess, what they find. If it’s an easy one I think I should be able to handle it. Like really, I’m not skating in the show. Daniel can drop me at the door and I just have to sit in a seat and watch Mickey for an hour. We’ll see.

I took that Lupron shot back in November and it was wonderful. I didn’t cycle again until last week. I’m going to ovulate early next week though and I’m already uncomfortable so I’m not looking forward to this cycle. It’s going to hurt but I'm thinking it won’t kill me. The doctor did offer me some birth control if I wanted. I didn’t. I could always take another Lupron shot as well but they are freaking expensive and I really don’t like the idea of more drugs. Surgery I’m fine with though. I’m a nut.

Got an e-mail from Sam’s adoption agency earlier this week askng about our arrangements with Sam’s birthmother because the social worker had a voice mail from her and wanted to make sure she had all her information lined up before she called her back. I immediately panicked thinking there must be a problem. Sam’s birthmother has as her contact with us, my cell number. I had a disagreement with my cell phone provider earlier this month and I’m punishing them (ya right!) by not putting any money on the phone (it’s a pay as you go). My phone is more of a paperweight than anything else. It rings quite regularly but the calls aren’t ever for me (lots of wrong numbers). The only people who really have the number are my parents – for when the are watching the kids and Daniel and Sam’s birthmother. I completely forgot about that being a link to her or I would have had it fixed sooner although she has only called us once that way. However, she has our e-mail address, we have exchanged e-mail and pictures recently (last month) so she can always contact us that way and we are happy to call her. We had no contact prior to last month because she had "dropped out" and we had no way of reaching her - all our contact had been with Sam’s grandmother. Last month (I think at Nana’s urging) she called and talked with Daniel. At that point, we exchanged our e-mail addresses etc. and I sent her pretty much everything I had been sending to Nana. We told her that we would send an e-mail with pictures once a month and that she could call when she wanted.

We had a "problem" with Sam’s Step-grandfather and Aunt over Christmas and I know they went and told his birthmother all sorts of awful things that really upset her - thus the call after Christmas. They wanted to send Sam a Christmas present. They do not have our mailing address and we didn't want them to have it because we didn't trust them not to give to his birthmother. As I have mentioned previously I think, she has some problems and we didn't want to open the door one Saturday morning and find her standing there - surprise! Her not having our address is something that both the adoption agency and Nana had strongly recommended. Nana had called to ask whether it was okay for her to give it to them or not. We told her at this time we preferred they not get it and that if they wanted to send something they could either send it to her and she could forward or use the adoption agency as the intermediary and we would pay the shipping. This was not "acceptable" to them and they have cut us off (stupid since the only person who gets hurt here is Sam but nothing we can do about it).

Anyway, I was worried that even after the great exchange we had last month that there was still a problem. We tried to reassure her that she was entitled to much more than her Step-father and Step-Sister and that we would NEVER cut her off. Still, her level of understanding is not always very good and her Step-father is a “real piece of work.” So I worried and worried and worried. Turns out she just wanted to call the social worker to “chat ... to let her know how cute Sam looks in the pictures we've sent and how he and Kamryn look like they belong together.”

She wanted the social worker’s e-mail address again to send her some pictures. Sounds like Samantha. She’s really young (I mean more than chronologically) and looks for validation and that’s all it was. I’m happy that she knows that Sam is happy.

Nana, who we spoke with last week, told me that she thinks she has convinced her to stop getting pregnant which is such a relief. This had been a big problem.

So all sorts of drama with nothing really to worry about. :)

No comments: