Friday, October 21, 2005

Miss Kamryn

I wrote a long pleading e-mail to Kamryn’s birthparents today. I hope I didn’t disappoint them too much. Since we took Kamryn home I’ve been writing them once a month giving them a progress report on her. This has understandably got harder and harder as she has now reached a stage where not a lot changes in her life from one month to the next. I can find things to say but all the e-mails were beginning to sound alike to me. It was also becoming quite a chore. I know most people with open adoptions normally end the monthly updates after a year. I wanted to end it at a year but didn’t know how to tell them. With Sam in the picture though it was just becoming to hard. I asked them if they would accept (as if they really have a choice; I just don’t want to become one of those adoptive families I hear about that cut off the birthparents) a looser “publication schedule.” They are pretty reasonable people and I hope they understand.

Yesterday we took Kamryn to see the new Wallace and Grommit movie. I would love to write about how much she loved it but I don’t think she did. Her attention span just isn't there yet. She sure was squirmy. She loved the experience for sure – she loved the eating part. We let her have popcorn for the first time and we split a box of Glosset raisins and she had this sickening sweet kool-aid slushy that we made the concession clerk cut with water because it was so sweet it made my eyes water. Lol When we got home she was sooooo hyper. She wouldn’t stop talking a mile a minute. At one point just to get some peace and quiet I sent her to hide in a mock game of hide and seek (I did seek but I took my time between her hiding and my seeking). She obviously doesn’t quite get the concept. Her first hiding stop was standing at the table in our family room with her eyes covered. She did improve as spot # 2 was under a comforter where I honestly couldn’t see her (she is small enough that there was no discernible lump). Crazy kid.

Today she had a great time “helping” me to clean the fridge. Pretty certain that when she is old enough to really help that will be the furthest thing from what she wants to do. She also helped her Dad blanch carrots from our garden the other day. Here’s a photo.


We have at least 20 lbs of carrots. I have no idea how we are going to eat 20 lbs of carrots! We just had out last fresh tomato from the garden tonight for dinner. Pretty impressive for late October. We’ve been eating fresh tomatoes since the first week of August. We’ve had tomatoes with breakfast, lunch and dinner. Our vitamin C counts must be awesome.

Okay this post started out about Kamryn and ended up about vegetables. That’s awful and certainly a sign that I have nothing to write about.

No comments: