Thursday, November 19, 2009

Too Much Stuff

So the kids wear uniforms to school. As a boy, Sam's wardrobe in that respect is pretty simple. Kamryn's though - makes my eyes roll. The girls have such options - dresses, skits, skorts, shorts, pants, blouses, t-shirts, golf shirts, long-sleeved, short sleeved, fitted, not fitted. Ugh!

Anyway, we order new uniforms for the fall in the spring. Kamryn grew MUCH more slowly than I anticipated over the summer (much slower than her doctor was pleased with as well something that continues to be a battle - the kid doesn't eat!) and the benefit was that all of her things from last year fit just fine so I took most of the new things that I had bought in the spring and placed them at the back of her drawer because she didn't need them. I promptly forget all about their existence.

Last week, I looked at the shirt she was wearing (a long-sleeved golf shirt) and thought that's looking really small. She most definitely needs a new one. Never thought for a moment about the things I'd put away. There is a uniform sale on the 23rd. Yesterday I checked out the uniform suppliers website - dismayed to discover that the new shirts she needs are $25 a pop. Ugh! I thought and prepared to pull out the credit card. Then last night when putting away her laundry I saw these shiney bags at the back of her drawer... Yup three brand-new golf shirts.

Too much stuff!

No comments: