Friday, November 13, 2009

All Snacks. All the Time.

The Canadian Government hired me to be a defence policy development officer. At present they pay me a decent wage to run the speechwriting section for the Department of National Defence. On the side, I'm sell a veritable cornicopia of treats.

Right now, in the lunch room I have an old paper box filled with packaged popcorn - $2 a bag please. I'm raising money for the concert band I play with.

I also have an in-box filled with chocolate bars - roasted almonds enrobed in creamy caramel. Also $2 - raising money for the Sam's hockey team.

However, that wasn't enough. I just sent out an e-mail to my colleagues encouraging them to lay out $10 for fresh chips and salsa that Kamryn's hockey team is selling in cooperation with a local Tex-Mex place.

Just call me the snack pusher. I feel a little like a grocery magnate.

No comments: