Monday, November 23, 2009

So that didn't go particularly well...

Had my interview this morning. It was a stressful experience. I bombed at least one question big-time. I just didn't have the information at hand to readily answer the question. I knew before the interview that I was in trouble.

I arrived, as requested, an hour early and was given the 6 questions that I needed to answer. I then had 45 minutes (and 6 blank sheets of paper on which to take notes) with whatever material I had brought with me to answer the questions. The key point being whatever material I had brought with me. I can't get into details about the question(s) I couldn't handle because the competition is on-going but I just didn't have what I needed to compose a reasonable answer(s).

Mercifully, the hour went quickly and it's over and I won't have to do it again for another two years or so. Regrettably, there will likely be no raise for me. Ah well. Next time.

I'm not particularly sad about (although I thank everyone for their good wishes) it but that might be because my sub-conscious is still holding out a glimmer of hope. I won't know officially for some weeks but my gut says no-go.

1 comment:

Katia said...

Sometimes one's gut can be very wrong! :-)