Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Sceened In

I've just been invited to interview for the post I wrote about a few weeks back. Normally there is an arduous 3-hour written knowledge exam for these processes. Not this time. They are going straight to interview. Doesn't mean the interview won't cover knowledge though. So I'm studying - hard.

My immediate supervisor is on the board. Even if I don't win the position; I don't want to look like a moron in front of him. He strongly encouraged me to apply.

Interviews begin late next week. I feel ill.

4 comments:

pithydithy said...

I've got my fingers crossed for you! Just remember: You're good enough, you're smart enough, and gosh darnit, people like you! (Yes, it's from an SNL skit, but I mean it!)

Running Potato said...

Stuart Smiley. :) Thanks.

I keep reminding myself of my MA thesis defence - one of my advisors told me he passed me on my oral presentation rather than my written work (hard to know how to take that in a good way). I've chosen to let it mean that I can talk myself into anything!

Katia said...

I know you will get this positiion! I just know.

Sherry (tlol) said...

I know you'll do brilliantly!! But I'll keep fingers crossed and think positive thoughts for you anyway. :)