Monday, July 27, 2009

25 things about me

I'm bored and there is nothing on TV so I figured I'd make a list that I've been too lazy to do before now. I only go halfway done because I've been very honest and its actually rather hard. I'll finish it another day... maybe.

1. I hate the telephone. I get anxious when I have to call someone. I don’t like answering the phone and avoid it at all costs. I know this is weird.

2. I’m a rule follower – to my detriment. I’m just not a go with the flow kind of gal. People who are not annoy me (I feel like they are somehow cheating me).

3. I really like to play golf. I don’t care in the slightest if I suck. This is good because I do indeed suck.

4. I love thunderstorms – BIG ones. I’m always disappointed when we get a thunderstorm weather warning without the storm. Rain though – sucks.

5. I spend a great deal of time wondering if I’m “good” enough ... at EVERYTHING (and feeling inadequate). Perhaps I should be in therapy.

6. I’m a planner. I love planning activities: doing research making lists, schedules etc.

7. I’m a medical junkie. With a bigger brain I think I would have been a physician. I like to read/learn about diseases and medical conditions. I remember what I read.

8. I hate it when a good book comes to an end. I’m also a rather quick reader no matter how hard I try to slow down to savour a good story. I know it’s not great literature but the end of the Harry Potter series made me sad. I did not feel equally saddened by the end of Twilight. lol I wish Audrey Niffenegger would write another book.

9. Although I love reading with my kids (and will continue to do so... bring on the Hobbit), I’m really looking forward to the day when I can ask the kids to grab a book and sit and read quietly while I do the same. We’re getting there. Slowly.

10. I wish I were a better athlete. I like the endorphins brought about by exercise but I can’t handle the pain you need to endure to experience them. I would really like to be a runner. It’s not going to happen.

11. I don’t know how to make friends. I freak out and hide. I think its all tied to the “good enough” thing. If you want to be friends with me you have to work really hard initially because when you’re not looking I’m secretly panicking that I’m messing things up.

12. I prattle on WAY too much. People probably don’t realize this but I know this (and that its not a desirable character trait). I have tried to change since I was a small child (and used to get regularly punished for it). I’ve given up.

1 comment:

Katia said...

I loved this post. It was like reading about me. Only number 7, 9 (well,I don't have kids) and 12 didn't really match. :-)