Thursday, August 28, 2008

Eating

Okay I'm on a diet or a lifestyle change as Weight Watchers pushes over and over again. I got out all my old Weight Watchers materials and I've been following the program (on my own, I know not recommended) for 6 days now. I THINK I might be feeling a change but I'm not sure. I don't own a scale. I'm not going to buy one so I have to go on how my clothes fit. They weren't fitting at all and now I think they are beginning to fit a little but I'm not really sure how much of that is just in my head. I haven't gone over even one day. Tomorrow – my tenth anniversary I'm going to binge completely. But that's what flex points are for no? (probably not but hell, it's my tenth anniversary).


 

You want to know a nasty side effect of all this good eating? I'm disgusted by what the husband is eating. COMPLETELY. And I'm not exaggerating. He eats terribly. He eats like a teenage boy and he really shouldn't. BOTH his parents are diabetic. And he carries all his weight in a paunch around the middle – not at all good for his heart. Now it has always kind of bugged me. but now it is grossing me out. Maybe because I'm hyper aware of what I'm putting in my belly? Now to make matters worse he THINKS he is eating quite healthily. And really he eats a lot of fruit and drinks a lot of water and his meals themselves are not bad but it's the snacking. He snacks on crap. When he is the least bit hungry he must eat immediately and it has to be crappy snacks. He thinks they are healthy - Casava and plaintain chips, for instance. Okay they sound like they might be healthier for you than potato chips but in reality they have just as much fat and are just as bad for you. And he doesn't just have one snack – he'll have chips followed by ice cream followed by rice cakes (at least those are healthy) And then there is portion control. I have some nice "healthy" trail mix that I snack on. Well a small handful is a healthy serving. He will eat several handfuls while waiting for dinner to be ready – yikes. This drives me particularly nuts because the kids and I aren't snacking and he doesn't get the urgency behind getting dinner on the table without needless delays.


 

Anyway its really bugging me. And being about 30 lbs overweight and dieting for all of 6 days I don't feel I have a right to say anything but I just wanted to put down somewhere that its driving me absolutely insane.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So funny, not only do Matthew & Kamryn have the same birthdate, we share the same anniversary!! 10 years for us today too. We celebrated with dinner out (Indian), yummm!

I think all points shouldn't count on a special occassion... 10 years is a loooong time & you deserve a good binge every once in a while. LOL

Happy Anniversary!!

Running Potato said...

Hey Sherry!

Happy Anniversary to you to! :) Had a great night. Ate too much and didn't count the points (although I think that with flex points I was still all right if you can believe that!). Saw a wonderful show (Wicked!) and just enjoyed each other. Doesn't seem like ten years at all.