Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Is there a difference between people watching and stalking?

So I’ve become a stalker. Who would have thunk it but here I am – stalker extraordinaire. Pregnant-lady got on the bus today. First day I have seen here since I last wrote about her. You see, the bus she takes ISN’T the one I should take. It’s my “oh-my-lord-is-that-the-time” bus. It’s my “doh-you-are-going-to-be-really-late” bus. It’s my back-up when I miss my regular bus. To get to this bus I actually have to go in a different direction from my regular bus so I have to really late. Okay, don’t call the cops but, lately, I’ve been taking it on purpose. Partially because on morning a met a couple of ladies I thought were really nice and wanted to run into them again (I haven’t really). The other reason – to stalk pregnant-lady. She got on this morning and I turned my MP3 player off so I could eavesdrop. How crass is that? I need professional help.

On the other hand she seemed happy this morning. It looked as if she was wearing maternity clothes for the first time. A rather smart outfit – red top and a black skirt. She can’t be all that pregnant given the time frame of our first “encounter” (if you can call my sitting across from her and staring on the bus an encounter) to now. Also she hasn’t seen an OB yet. I learned today that her first appointment isn’t until June 15th. She seemed pleased with the outfit though and almost eager to show it off so I was happy for her although a little concerned for her that she is showing this much already (twins maybe?) However, she is slightly on the chubby side and most of her belly was probably hers before she got pregnant. Still she is already doing the protective little tummy rubs as she chats with people. Sigh. You know I used to do fake protective little tummy rubs in the bathroom mirror when I still dreamed of a pregnancy. All seems, nevertheless, good with my stalkee. I will return to getting out of bed when I am supposed and hustling into work on the correct bus.

Today, my parents are keeping the kids overnight. I always feel guilty when they do this. Both Daniel and I have to be into work early tomorrow and tonight Kamryn’s school is having an information night for the Jr. Kindergarten parents. It would have meant picking them up at around 9 and getting them to bed late just to wake them up super early tomorrow morning and drag them right back. Still it seems less then responsible to “dump” them on my parents. The kids always enjoy themselves although they obviously miss us. We had a barbecue at my parents on Sunday for the culmination of “birthday week” and Kamryn was all excited when she found out that “Maman and Papa” were staying too. Lol My parents CLAIM to enjoy it but I’m not so certain that both kids aren’t a bit much for them to take care of all day. I’m really looking forward to Kamryn being in school and taking some of the load off of them.

The weather has finally broken so that is some relief; at least they can play outdoors. I can’t believe the last two weeks. It rained for 11 straight days. We have already had twice the normal rainfall for the month of May and we still have over a week left in the month. The kids (and me!) were going completely stir crazy by Monday. To make matters worse it hasn’t just been wet but cold as well. They were calling for SNOW on Tuesday morning (although I don’t think we actually got any). Today it is 22C and sunny. A heavenly day. I can’t even SEE outside from my pathetic little cubicle though. You win some you lose some. I’m sure the kids are enjoying themselves.

1 comment:

Earthchild618 said...

Laughing at the image of you wearing a stalker trench coat and sunglasses!