Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Late

Today is my day to get into work early so that I can leave early to meet the kid's school bus after school. I both look forward to and dread these days. I LOVE getting home just before 4 in the afternoon. It's heavenly (so much so that I told Daniel that after my parents return in 10 days or so I want to keep up our current routine) but I don't do the early mornings well. I'm not the type to lie in bed until noon but I just don't do early really well. Climbing out of bed at 6 am while the rest of the family sleeps (it's much easier if I have company; 6:00 am hockey practice isn't as hard) is really difficult for me. I'm thankful that as Spring nears the days are lengthening and I'm no longer leaving for work in the dark. Lately I've been cheating a little. I'm supposed to be here around 7:30 but no one is here then. Generally no one is here until MUCH closer to 9:00. No one knows when I arrive so shhhhhhhhhhhh....... I'm late... A LOT. 7:40... 7:45. Will do better.

On the good news front - no more hives (just as I was beginning to accept them as a miserable but permanent part of life). There is a bad news side to this as well though. The hives seem to have gone away when I started my birth control rest week. Now I know part of this was hormonal because the hives were always MUCH milder in the morning and I was tormented in the early evening - a definite cycle. I don't know if it was the birth control (which I've been on since early in the fall) itself causing the hives or the hormonal cycle that I've now broken with the rest week. I really like this form of birth control (the Nuva Ring); I don't want to have to try another. I need to put another in on Friday. Hopefully the hives won't return.

No comments: