Monday, January 18, 2010

Yes please I want to stand in the way of pucks travelling at high velocity.

Kamryn is trying out the goalie position on her hockey team. She got the equipment last Friday and so far has had the opportunity to practice once on her own and once with her team. Due to a fluke in scheduling she will have a few more opportunities to practice before she actually has to deliver the goods. I don't know how I'll be able to handle her in an actually game (I might not live through it). She is having a lot of fun though and looking forward to a game. I was watching her tiny form in nets at practice on Sunday as her coaches loomed large all around her and got one of those "mommy-twinges." I was so proud of her and at the same time I wanted to rush onto the ice and scoop her up.

Today I checked the team stats of the the team she will play against on January 30th (her first and hopefully last game between the pipes) to make sure they weren't too good a team. They aren't all that strong. I hope they have a particularly bad day.

No comments: