Saturday, October 31, 2009

I've survived the hardest part of Halloween

I managed to make two halloween costumes this year - without having a clue what I was doing. Without being able to sew well enough to save my life. And without any help. The kids are happy with my efforts - which is what was really worrying me (I was so worried about disappointing them). Kamryn's face in the picture says it all (we have SUCH a hard time getting her to smile naturally in pictures and the grin for this picture made the days and days I spent working on this costume so worthwhile).




They're a toothbrush and a bottle of Listerine: the Gingivitis Superheroes. And yes it was all their idea. Kamryn's costume wasn't quite done in this photo - I still had to hem it. It's done now and it survived her piano lesson this morning so I'm relatively confident it will hold out tonight (another fear; the brush part was a bit of a challenge).

3 comments:

Katia said...

The costumes are awesome! They really are!

Sherry said...

You did an AWESOME job on the costumes!!!

juliannabelle said...

Completely adorable. V. creative!