Saturday, March 08, 2008

Winter Wallop

This is the worst storm I have ever lived through. Keeping in mind that we already have had over 300 cm of snow this winter (I think we were at 350 or so) with about a third of it still on the ground, this is just a little insane. It started snowing yesterday about 3 pm and snowed all night. We got 17 cm – a fair amount but then the real storm hit, along with 70 km/h winds. It’s just a little scary out. I can’t see the house-across-the-street's first floor out my front window because I can’t see over the 10-foot tall mountain on my lawn. The snow in the backyard (where no one has walked for weeks now) is EVEN with the top rail of our deck. Not all that impressive you say until you realize that the deck is 4 feet off the ground. So that's about 7 feet of snow. I don’t mean to say there is a pile of snow that high – ALL the snow in the back yard is that high.

Here’s hoping that the power stays on.

I sent the following photos
(taken this morning during the "break") to my parents who are vacationing in the Caribbean.





No comments: