Sunday, March 09, 2008

What a blast we had!

What a day. The most snowfall in one storm I can ever remember (2 feet). The worst winter for snow that I can remember (more than 13 feet). My neighbour noted that we can now walk from his yard into ours with ease, careful don't trip over the 8 foot fence. I must say though we had the most fun.

The kids played outside for two hours, went in and warmed up and then went back outside again. It was about – 12 and no one cared. Everyone in the neighbourhood was out. It was like a huge block party. We had 4 snowblowers going and a lot of shovels. And just a lot of standing around being neighbourly. We used the snowhill on our front lawn as a toboggan run (my lawn - during the summer is COMPLETELY flat; no hill, no remarkable slope). Parents stood in the street to watch for cars – they were few and as the street hasn’t been plowed completely yet and is near impassable nothing was going very fast anyway. One parent at the top of the hill (the top is even with the second story of my house!) to police who’s turn it was next and let the fun begin.

What a way to spring forward. I took a ton of photos – none very good because its hard to shoot in snow and I’m not the best photographer. But here’s a little of our day.





The trek up the hill.



Said hill.



Kamryn at the top.



Kamryn at the bottom.







Same at the top of the hill.






And my last photo: Back on the 3rd of January when I THOUGHT we had a lot of snow I took this shot. I've put the one I took this morning next to it. It looks sooooooooooo paltry now. lol Kamryn is about 47 inches tall to give you some perspective. Our neighbour who is just a big kid at heart is working on building a luge run on the front lawn - seriously!

1 comment:

pithydithy said...

Okay, that is just insane!!!! This sounds perverse given how ready I am for spring, but I'm almost jealous! We had a couple of above freezing days with rain followed by freezing rain, so all we're left with is 6 inches of icey snow.