Friday, December 21, 2007

Well Aren't I One to Laugh At

So I agnonized over my decision all weekend and tied my own stomach in knots. Sunday night, sitting comfortably in my family room I made a decision: wasn't for us. I felt such a relief. A peace even until I got to work and told my co-workers. I'm such a suck. One of my co-workers made me follow through on my plan to call the guy who is filling the position now. On Tuesday, I had a LONG talk with him (he's an old friend and colleague) and I did a COMPLETE 180. Finished the conversation with him and went almost immediately to talk to our HR guy and tell him I wanted to go. And here's where is gets just sad.

He looks at me and basically says "Oh, didn't know you were interested. Here's the situation..." Oh so complicated now. As I expected, I got myself all excited and now the possibility of going looks decidedly thinner. I won't know anything until probably March. So now I sit on my hands and try not to peruse www.realtor.com.

And yes, Natalie, its schools like Lycée Rochambeau that makes moving to Washington so attractive. Thanks for the endorsement of the school and the area. Now I'm working really hard not to set myself up for disappointment. There is an even chance that I won't get the position now but who knows.

3 comments:

Tanya said...

Well, if you do come down, I sincerely hope I might get the chance to meet you. :)

Tanya, adoptive mom to Andrew (Korea)

Running Potato said...

I would definitely take you up on that offer. :)

Anonymous said...

All I can say is, if you have the chance, GO FOR IT!! I grew up in the same, small rural town and my family moved overseas for a few years when I was in high school. It was hands down the best experience our family ever had--it brings you together, stretches you. Now DH and I are both intent on having that kind of experience for our family, so we keep an eye out for opportunities. Hopefully in about 3-5 years. Billie