Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Me thinking evil thoughts about COMPLETE strangers

Well you’re all going to get bored with me. Very bored. I’ve lost my beloved Friends by Adoption. Well not really. It’s still there and I’m still allowed to visit just not from work. What a cruel, cruel fate. I have the gift of the gab and that was generally my favorite place to go and gab. I started back to work last week (more on that later) and immediately on getting my internet hooked up I flew to the site (where I hadn’t been in several days due to an evil, evil virus at home – more on that later too). I had wondered about access and I had access. I was a happy hombre (well not really an hombre but you know that). I read a few posts. I posted a little update on myself and then I went to do some real work. When I went back to access the site later “poof” my computer can’t even see it. In my year at home, I have forgotten the annoyance of internet access from “here.” It’s sporadic at best. They block out sites for no obvious rhyme or reason and then poof one day you can access them again. You never know when or why. My fingers are crossed that this “ban” is only temporary.” In the meantime I will just come here and fill this blog with all the nonsensical notions that come to mind. :)

Like this morning – a yucky, wet, cold morning. I was forced to sit crammed on a bus on the way to work behind two twenty something women. Ick! Now I have nothing against twentysomething women in general and these women are probably very nice (not that I will ever know) and really didn’t do ANYTHING to me. What bothered me? They were eating. I sat down, ready to be grumpy. It was raining. I was wet. My pants were wet, my tights were wet my hair was a mess and I have an icky cold – so generally Ms. Grumps. Then I smell something. Something resembling wet wool socks. Not unusual considering the mass of sopping humanity surrounding me. But not it wasn’t one of my unfortunate bus mates it was a bag of Doritos “Scoops” Tortilla chips. This was Twentysomething girl #1’s breakfast I guess and she was going at it heartily. Nibbling each chip as if it were her last and she had to be careful not to finish it too quickly. Licking each of her fingers after each slimy chip. Oh Gawd… YUCK, YUCK, YUCK! It was 7:20 am by the way. Maybe I’m weird but I can’t abide watching anyone eat chips. It disgusts me. At 7:20 in the morning it disgusted me more and she ate the stupid things all 35 minutes we were on the bus together, pretty much. Her seatmate twentysomething girl #2 wasn’t much better but I was only judgmental about her – not sickened. She has a few pounds to lose (as do I so I shouldn’t throw stones) and her breakfast … an M&M chocolate chip cookie. I couldn’t really see her though as I was directly behind her.

I privately snickered to myself about their breakfast choices and telepathically told them that their twentysomething bodies would get old eventually and these breakfast choices wouldn’t serve them well. I guess the good thing about it is they have emboldened my diet efforts. More in my next entry.

1 comment:

Earthchild618 said...

I miss you at FBA!