Sunday, November 28, 2010

No time to be sick

Today I’m feeling crappy. I’m not going to die or anything – just a head cold and what I’d like to do is just curl up on the couch for the day. Not going to happen.

Kamryn had hockey practice at 7:00 am; Sam at 7:30 am, which is better than it sounds in that they were play/practicing in adjoining arenas so all the hockey “fun” was over with by 8:30 am and we weren’t driving all around the city. The bad part is is dragging one’s cold-weary butt out of bed at 6:00 to go and sit in a freezing cold arena. Kamryn has a birthday party to go to at 11:00 am (her Dad will drive her; my contribution has been making sure she’s dressed nicely and that the gift is bought and wrapped). I have to be a Shenkman Arts Centre at 12:00 pm in advance of a 2:00 pm performance. It’s our annual Christmas concert and I’m just not up for it. Nothing like honking on a clarinet when your throat feels like you’ve swallowed gravel. I’m so looking forward for 4 pm when we should be done.

After the concert I will need to help Kamryn bake cookies for school. Then I will be done. The Grey Cup is today. Traditionally you eat pizza and chili for the Grey Cup game. I know I have frozen chili in the freezer and I have some frozen pizzas – tada!

No comments: