Tuesday, November 02, 2010

I Rule!

I’m feeling a little superior. It’s hard to feel superior without sharing.

I brought my lunch to work today: butternut squash soup, a red pepper cut into strips, an apple and a diet ginger ale. Substitute cherry tomatoes for the red pepper and its exactly the same lunch I had yesterday. The soup is good; I made it myself but I was a little bored with said lunch so I figured I would pop down to the cafeteria and grab a slice of pizza. I literally hitched up the pants I bought just last month (happy to be losing wieght; a little frustrated that nothing I have fits - no pleasing me) and headed out. I got down to the cafeteria and there was an enormous man in front of me. I watched him grab two bags of chips, a buttertart, a bottle of coke and a sandwich. I looked at him. I adjusted my pants (again!). I then bought a small whole wheat roll to eat with my soup and came back upstairs to eat my boring lunch.

But I do feel superior even though I didn’t really do anything and don’t know this man (or his situation) from Adam. I can’t tell anybody in real life this because it would be petty. Tomorrow though I may have the pizza and leave someone else feeling superior.

3 comments:

twins said...

Good for you!!! Ii will now go eat that Snickers bar I have been dying for. As none of my pants fit either and I have to keep pulling them up. Oh wait, that is because I couldn't finish zippering them....
I am so happy for all your weight loss. I wish it could motivate me some!!! But I just can't get motivated yet.

Running Potato said...

You know the motivation is all very personal and you just have to get there. I've wanted to lose 10 pounds since we adopted Sam in 2005. I've been thinking about it kinda in the back of my head (and had a few half-hearted tries) for 5 years but I knew I wasn't ready to commit. Of course over those years I just got bigger and bigger without even really noticing. My motivation came from first seeing my wardrobe choices shrink appreciably (as I refused to go up another size) and secondly a very good friend losing a VERY large amount and keeping it off.

Still, there is nothing wrong with not being motivated - be happy with who you are when you're there and worry about the rest later (that philosophy served me semi-well for five years).

Running Potato said...

Oh one other thing - I had the Pizza today. lol