Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Still on the diet

So after all my grumbling about South Beach... today I'm wearing a pair of jean capris that I put away last year (for good I thought) because they threatened to cut me in two when I did them up. Better still - I wore them two weeks ago quite comfortably (might have mentioned it here but can't find the reference). Thing is this morning I had to put on a belt to keep them up (little private dance of joy). I still haven't had anyone ask me if I'm losing weight (I'm so waiting for that) BUT I zipped up a skirt I couldn't get on last week (still too tight to wear but I got the zipper up!) and I put on a pair of size 8 shorts (not that I ever intend to actually wear them again because I won't ever be a size 8 again but I could squeeze my sizable butt in them).

My worry now is that this is all an illusion although now on to phase two South Beach I could eat like this indefinitely. I just have to get my head around the fact that the occasional cheat is fine and I could be all right. I don't miss potatoes at all. I keep asking myself why we stopped eating brown rice (it's so much tastier that white). I could do without the endless veggies though; ugh!

Still don't know how much I actually weigh. I just know it's less than I did last month.
Anyway so far so good.

No comments: