Monday, July 19, 2010

Public Service Announcement

This weekend we embarked on the world of geocaching. My boss has been talking it up for eons. It seemed to have its merits but I was lazy - oh so lazy. I have the entire month of August off however and I was looking for something inexpensive to do with the kids and this seemed a perfect fit. So I signed up on www.geocaching.com and got down to business.

This week I dragged the family out for the first time. What a great time we all had. I downloaded three easy caches for us to locate and off we went on our bikes. The kids were excited to be on the hunt. I was happy to be on my bicycle. Daniel was grumpy to start but once we'd found our first cache even he was into it. The caches were fun to search for. We found all three and both Kamryn and Sam are asking when we can do it again (although Sam has probably missed the point in that he just wants to return to the locations of the caches we're already found.)

I think we've unearthed a new hobby.

No comments: