Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Let's make a list

Good things

1. I’m eating 3 – 5 meals a day as opposed to my normal 2.
2. My GERD – completely in control.
3. I’m eating more vegetables than I have in my ENTIRE life – that can’t be bad.
4. I think I’m losing weight (although I’m not sure).
5. Loads of new ways to prepare veggies that are really impressing the kids (yes, I have kids who generally like vegetables).
6. Virtually no take-out food being purchased – good for my waistline and my pocket book.
7. One starch a day seems doable and almost reasonable.
8. While I’m not tracking points like I do with Weight Watchers; I plan each and every thing I eat so it’s having a similar effect.


Bad Things

1. I do feel deprived and sometimes hungry (like now) although I’m holding out determinedly for noon.
2. I miss carbs terribly. Okay that’s not true. I miss cake and cookies terribly. I’ve never really like rice, can live without the potato without to much difficulty and am generally bored with bread.
3. There is no room AT ALL to cheat even a little on this diet. If I have something I’m craving I feel like I’m betraying all my hard work. I’m still beating myself up over two and a half cookies I ate on Saturday night. Like what!?!
4. Meal preparation takes planning and more work than I’m willing to do on a regular basis so occasionally I just don’t eat because I can’t be bothered.
5. I keep thinking of all the overweight friends I have who did this diet and got skinny and who gained it all back before they got the tags off their new clothes (I believe I have more willpower/discipline then them but who really knows).

No comments: