Thursday, December 10, 2009

So Tired

We're at the end (I hope) of the busiest period I have experienced at work in 14 years. I've done 40 hours of overtime in the last 10 days. I've worked weekends and nights. Last night I left the office just shy of midnight. I can no longer put coherent thought together.

There is a parlimentary scandal afoot and my Minister is right in the middle of it. The workload would kill a donkey. One more day - parliament breaks for Christmas on Friday.

Our house remains sadly undecorated for Christmas and somewhat messy. Daniel is preparing for exams and not much help although he has had to step it up because I just wasn't there. Not a bad lesson for him as I was feeling a little (scratch that) A LOT like a single parent. Yesterday he took the day off school because we had a snow storm and the kids had to be driven to and from school and I had too much work to leave to collect them (as I had planned to do). He managed to get the tree assembled (not decorated mind you just assembled). Maybe this weekend I will have time to clean and decorate.

Oh and I have a cold. Go figure.

Uncle!

No comments: