Friday, March 23, 2007

So I haven't abandonned you...

The Minister of National Defence said something he shouldn't have and it's meant 14 hour days for me. During my "spare time" we've been redecorating Sam's room -- we're almost done.

Took the day off on Wednesday and wrote this to commemorate how wonderful it felt. lol

So I took the day off yesterday because we had no childcare available and I had one leave day to burn before the end of the fiscal year. It was sooooooo great. I felt so productive.

My schedule:

8:30 drop Kamryn at elementary school
8:45 drop Sam at preschool

Zip home because I had forgotten my cell phone. Take the opportunity to package up Sam’s crib tent that I had sold on E-bay. Off to the post office. Mail said package.

Stop to buy Diabetic candies for sick Aunt.

Off to the fabric store to find fabric for Sam’s new bedroom curtains. Buy fabric – Cars! Cars! And more Cars! Lol.

To the hospital to visit sick Aunt.

11:30 pick up Sam from pre-school.

Grocery shop. Home for lunch.

1:00 Sam down for a nap.

Finish touching up the paint in his bedroom (he was napping in Kamryn’s room). Remove the tape from all the trim.

Make curtains (lined!). I don’t sew so this was a biggie for me – took me most of the rest of the day. They came out really nice if I say so myself. :)

2:50 wake sleeping Sam and zip to pick up Kamryn at school.

Home. Kids run around like silly buggers destroying the house while I finish the curtains.

Start supper and discover we have no onions so the Shepherd’s pie I was going to make is out. Defrost Sweet Potato Soup leftovers instead and make fresh biscuits as a side.

Pause to paint “accessories” for Kamryn’s room (little shelf with hooks for clothes etc. and brackets to hang a quilt on her wall).

Load kids in the car and zip to Sear’s catalogue pick-up to pick-up some linens and accessories I had ordered for Sam’s new room.

Home; feed kids and Daniel. Kids in bed, stories, finish curtains.

Time to put my feet up and watch my PVR’ed Lost.

I felt like a mini-Martha Stewart and was thinking how productive I could be as a SAHM. Then I remember what I was like as a SAHM. It’s so much easier to procrastinate when you know you have more than one-day (at least in my case). Lol I never got half as much accomplished.

Back soon - I promise. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good to hear from you (I still follow your blog - hard to believe how many years it's been since I first started reading your journal at TLOL). Anyway, thanks for your comment about my cute boys ("TV kids"). They are pretty cute, aren't they? But I still think you got the world's cutest kids (don't tell mine I said so). Loved your entry about being so productive on your day off. Every once in awhile I get caught up in the fantasy of all I could get done if only I didn't have to work, but then I remember those two years when I "worked" from home for only a few hours a week and I was LAZY LAZY LAZY. Procrastination is my middle name (don't know why the hell my parents gave me that for a middle name, as it's surely made my life more difficult and stressful!). Billie