Thursday, March 08, 2007

Our weekend and Build-A-Bear

Kamryn is spoiled silly. I love it. We had a blast while her brother and father where away on their little mini-vacation. We ate out twice – once at Wendy’s and once a Perkins (kind of like Denny’s) – nothing but the best for the T. women. Lol She came to work with me twice and charmed everyone. On Friday I foolishly braved a bad snow storm so that we could take in the movie “Happy Feet.” Saturday she joined me in hosting a good portion of our family in and 85th birthday celebration for my Aunt. She had a blast playing with her cousins – young and old – and she didn’t hit the sheets until almost midnight. Sunday I took her to build-a-bear to build my (oops I mean her) dream bear. Lol I planned to have her pick the $15 basic bear and then get one simple outfit. Ha! How could I, I mean she, resist. I broke down within seconds of entering she she picked one of the most expensive bears – a snow leopard – I tried to hold firm by telling her if she picked this bear (indicating a simpler/cheaper) bear that she could dress is up afterwards. Who was I kidding?

So she got her snow leopard and then we immediately began trying on hoards and hoards and hoards of clothes. Sammie ended up leaving bedecked in black jeans, a red t-shirt and a red and black hoodie. He almost got a leather jacket too but my 4 year old informed me he didn’t need one. She did feel he needed shoes but I held firm on that one – strong aren’t I? She also felt I should buy him a Halloween costume and I declined. Lol

Okay it was a RIDICULOUSLY expensive venture. Sammie ended up costing us almost $70. Oh but it’s been worth it. He has gone everywhere with her. Every night she undresses him and puts him in one of her old newborn sleepers which fits him perfectly btw. Every morning she gets him ready to go to school with her. On Monday morning she appeared at my bedside, dressed and ready for school. When she then informed me that she had already dressed Sammie and he was ready for school to I cracked up. On Tuesday Sammie didn’t get to go to school because she had left his hoodie at school. Since his hoodie cost almost as much as a hoodie for her would I informed her that until everything came home nothing would go back to school. Kamryn needs incentive since she seems to equate school with giving all her things away. His hoodie came home and since then he’s been her faithful companion. It’s very cute to watch and I’m enjoying her enjoying it so much. I great experience for the two of us.

No comments: