Saturday, March 04, 2006

Is is considered abuse to duck tape your toddler to his crib bars?

I'm thinking our social worker wouldn't approve.

Ugggh! Master Sam has decided he should no longer be confined to his crib. This is a MAJOR problem because NOTHING short of global thermo nuclear war could convince me to put him in a bed. As I told my mother we'd literally have to empty his room of furniture. I would never sleep again and he would hurt himself almost assuredly. I'm a laid back Mom believe it or not, by the time Kamryn was Sam's age all our baby gates were down. We have never even gated our stairs BUT Sam is a different child and well he needs to be confined or watched. He's fast and he's bright but he has the common sense of well... a 21 month old.

So I'm on a hunt for a crib tent. Easier said than done. Have to wait until Monday so I can call a US company that I found online to see if they will ship to Canada. The ONLY Canadian company that I can find that carries crib tents wants $100 US + shipping – crooks! I lost a bidding war on E-bay for one by like 10 seconds tonight ($71 US). That might have been a good thing since the company I need to call is advertising $65. But that’s only if they will ship to me (their web site says to call for info on shipping outside the lower 48). This is insane.I guess we could just duck tape him nightly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

May I suggest bungy cords?