Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Tired and Itchy

Really tired today. Two reasons.

1) The medical degree I got on the internet... useless!

When I saw the doctor about my rash she told me to take an antihistamine for 7 days non-stop. I did that. I asked Daniel to buy be 7 days worth of antihistamines because I was confident that in 7 days this would be over. He got 10 because that was the smallest amount available. I ran out on Sunday and didn't buy anymore. I didn't think it was doing anything. I figured I would just take Benedryl and that would keep things in check. I was wrong. I scratched all night (even on a double dose of Benedryl).

2) Ice dancing.

Fell asleep on the counch around 9:30 (Benedryl!). When I finally dragged myself off the couch and upstairs around 10:30 I was WIDE awake so I flipped the TV on. Ice dancing was on. The announcers were going on about an expected Gold medal for Canada in ice dancing. People, I'm tired of expected gold medals. Canada's Olympic team hasn't done badly but they haven't remotely lived up to the hype. We're lost so many "sure" medals. So many gold medals have turned into "no medals." But the ice dancing pair? They were so cute and so sincere. I thought... maybe. So I pryed my eyelids open and I began to watch. I watched until shortly after 11. I watched until I saw the American pair skate (sorry I don't know the names I'm not really an ice skating fan - the guy had long blond curls). They were breath-takingly good. I was really tired and there didn't seem to be much point. How could the Americans NOT win gold after a skate like that? I went to sleep - so very tired. This morning when I flipped on the TV at 6 am there were the Canadians been interviewed - gold medals around their neck. Too funny.

Anyway, today I'm tired (did I mention that?). Tired and itchy.

No comments: