Monday, February 01, 2010

So I had my little weather mocking post ...

And the weather punished me for it. It stomped on me but good and then said how's that. The day following my last post the ambient air temp was - 26 C (Sorry I have no idea what it was in F and I'm too lazy to look - the scales comes together around that point anyway so probably about the same). The windchill easily dropped the temperature into the mid - 30s. It was unbelievably cold. The next day was almost as bad and then it seemed to improve markedly. This morning I was almost toasty waiting for the bus. I just checked the temps today. Right now it's - 10C (14 F) with a windchill of -18C (0F). Decidedly untoasty. Everything however is relative.

On that note Kamryn played her first (and hopefully last) two games as goalie this weekend. One win, one last GAA (goals against average) = 4.0. She was precious. She was crappy. But she had fun and had no idea that she was crappy. I didn't tell her. I was so proud of her for trying. After the game that they lost she confided that she felt that her team just wasn't playing all that hard. Her Dad and I informed her that as a goalie who let four goals in she shouldn't be criticizing the rest of her team. We were cracking up inside and we relayed this advice. What a funny kid.

During the first game she let a goal in while trying to "get ready" (the stick is bigger than she is so getting ready can be a drawn out process) and one of the boys (or normal goalie) yelled at her. She told me she was very sad and cried a little. I could tell from the bench. I felt so helpless but didn't think the referees would allow me on the ice to go and hug the goalie. One of the other boys on the team hugged her for me (golly they can be sweet). I'm glad her stint as goalie is over though I missed having her on the bench with me.

No comments: