Sunday, September 06, 2009

I'm going to pull Kamryn out of school.

And let her grow up ignorant and illiterate. Yes. This will be my plan.

I'm not going to survive second grade. Kamryn has to read for 15 minutes a day - so far that's the only homework she's had. Real homework starts next week. Oh my lord its been a struggle. Total meltdowns on why she has to read and her 5 year old brother does not. Then, when she is reading - if you try to correct her reading - another total meltdown. Heaven help you if you make her sound out a word and she doesn't do it perfectly and you have to have her try again.

Piano practice is the same.

Sobbing uncontrollably about how she isn't good enough; she can't do it; we don't want to help her; that we're not listening to her (implying that she did it right and we missed it); that life is unfair. BIG emphasis on what is fair.

This isn't new behavior - just amplified, by overtiredness, I expect. She goes to bed early enough (8:00 ish; generally earlier) but I can't stop her from staying awake after early morning pees so she's getting up earlier than I would like.

So that's it. We'll hide her in the basement when the truant officers arrive. We'll turn her into the feral girl. It can't be any worse than what we are dealing with now.

No comments: