Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Cause I'm a redneck woman

And I ain't no high class broad
I'm just a product of my raisin'
And I say "hey y'all" and "Yee Haw"
And I keep my Christmas lights on, on my front porch all year long
And I know all the words to every Charlie Daniels song
So here's to all my sisters out there keepin' it country
Let me get a big "Hell Yeah" from the redneck girls like me
Hell Yeah
Hell Yeah


The good news is Santa came down!

Santa has adorned the front of our house since late November. He was strapped to the window of the Master Bedroom in all his glory. He has lights and his lights have thankfully been extinguished since January 6th but he remained as a reminder of why I so love winter.

In order for him to come down two things had to happen the snow had to melt off the roof over our garage (so when Daniel climbed up the steep slope he didn't plummet to his death) and the ice had to melt off our driveway (so when Daniel put the ladder up to climb on the slippery roof the ladder didn't slip plummeting him to his death). With a south facing exposure this normally happens at some point in January. This year - no January thaw (one of only three times this has happened in 50 years). So Santa stayed up there a not so silent hostage, pounding loudly on my window -- whenever the wind got strong -- for entry into the room. 'Cept he couldn't come in because I couldn't open the window with his swollen body leaned up against it.

FINALLY on Friday we had a thaw that wasn't immediately followed by a snow storm. And on the 28th of February Santa was liberated. I can not put into words how much pleasure this gives me. Until next year ...

No comments: