Friday, September 29, 2006

I have $200 in Gymbucks

Those of you who know me from Friends by Adoption won't be surprised here.

It is, in my humble opinion insanely funny (and a little insane period).

Okay, okay, okay... I'm not keeping them or the clothes (well not all of them) for that matter.

I wasn't going to buy Christmas stuff from Gymboree this year. I wasn't! I spent way to much on Christmas stuff last year and Kamryn's black velvet Gymboree jumper from last year still fits fine! So what if she wore it last Christmas. She isn't royalty and I don't own a kingdom.

Then I saw the new line...

Okay - so I bent a little.

Sam didn't get a new outfit for Christmas last year (he wore the same suit he wore for his Christening). I thought the little red vest and red plaid shirt in the new Gymboree line would look nice on him AND I had $25 in Gymbucks that I figured I could spend on him. But, I had to go and look at them in person. This was a mistake. The dresses.... oh the dresses.

I left the store with a plan to return when Gymbucks started next week JUST to buy a vest and shirt for Sam. Mmmmmm ... but the call of the dress. Silk... plaid... they would match so adorably.

Sigh. So I went back (I work just across the street from a store) to buy JUST the little red sweater that went with the dress. That and a pair of socks would give me $25 in Gymbucks which would help with the purchase of the whole bleeping ensemble (Sam's outfit and a dress fo Kamryn) NEXT week.

Yikes - their stock was not looking at all robust. Would everything last until next week? Panic! Ummm... so I bought everything.

Wait, it gets worse. I bought everything in two seperate sizes for both children so I can go home and see what size they really fit into. So that's TWO beautiful silk plaid dresses, TWO little red sweaters with knit bow, TWO little red and grey vests, TWO little red plaid shirts and then I tossed in a pair of argyle socks because I could (hanging my head in mock shame here).

$200 in Gymnbucks later. How will I explain this to Daniel? Somehow he might not think this is as hilarious as I'm finding it. * evil grin *

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least they will be glam for Christmas. They are only little (and willing to let you dress them) one time around. Enjoy it!

Running Potato said...

Londa! Londa! Londa! I miss you so much. So good to "see" you here. Do you have a new blog? I thought you'd gone and left me. :(

Anonymous said...

Nope not a new one, just started writing in it again. I'm sort of like the gov't...long periods of inaction followed by short bursts of frenzied activity, rinse and repeat :0)

Tricia said...

I don't blame you ONE bit!! what adorable little clothes! and that dress is GORGEOUS!! I would love to have a little girl to dress up. I keep trying to convince Dylan (my 4 yo) to wear dresses..but so far, it's a no go. dammit! ;-)

Can't wait to see pics!

Running Potato said...

Tricia,

I tried to entice Sam to try on one of Maya's dresses on Friday (as an incentive to get a then uncooperative Kamryn interested) and he ran away as fast as his little legs could carry him. Perhaps if you paid Dylan? :)