Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Can't a mom even poop in peace?



So I REALLY had to go to the bathroom. I put on a TV show both kids like. I closed the gate, told Kamryn where I was going and headed to the powder room.
No sooner do I sit down than Kamryn let's out this bloodcurdling scream. Through the sobbing she is yelling about Sam hitting her with a chair. So my mind runs through the possibilities. In the family room they have two folding kids chairs (metal), two folding lounge chairs (metal and upholstered), and a wooden kids Ikea chair. Good grief. Well I'm figuring he isn't that big how much damage could he have done. Still...

Then she goes on to continue screaming (and I'm talking loud, like she is being eaten by lions) about how he going to hit her again. More screaming and wailing. So no choice. End early and race to the family room where I see Kamryn lying on the couch, cowering from Sam who is weilding a doll chair. Well... that could hurt but really she is plenty big enough to get away from him or simply TAKE the chair from him. To be honest I just wanted to tell her to hit him back (sometimes he deserves it I think; she is soooooo good at NEVER hitting him back and he just wails on her) but that's not really responsible parenting .

Sam ended up in baby jail (read our pack and play) and Kamryn was exiled to her room for obsessive dramatics.

The photo is of my calm duo and their tools of destruction, Sam is weilding his offending weapon:

No comments: