Saturday, November 12, 2005

With her own money

Kamryn is too cute.

A few weeks ago we were out shopping and she wanted a kid’s umbrella. I said “no” and she wanted to know why. I told her I had no money for an umbrella and asked if she had any money. She said she didn’t and I told her that when she did she could buy an umbrella. I told her that the next time she saw her grandfather to ask him for the money.

Well the next time she say him she did just that. When he asked why she needed money, she told him to buy an umbrella. Then a few days later she found a penny on the table at his house and told him she was taking it to buy an umbrella. So he called me and asked if he could take her to buy an umbrella “with her own money.” I told him to knock himself out (well not those words exactly but you get the gist. :)) So today, after her soccer class, he took her to Walmart to get her her umbrella. They come home and Kamryn is triumphant. What did she get? A pretty pink one with purple accents? A Beauty Beast umbrella? A little Mermaid? Nope – Spiderman! Makes me grin. She’s a spunky kid and no one is "princessafying" her.

No comments: