Saturday, November 12, 2005

Happy Days

Someone once berated me for being too melancholic in my writings. I think I started the “argument” but accusing my accuser of the exact same thing. I defended myself by noting that I generally feel the need to write when I’m feeling down. When I’m up I find it a much better use of my resources to spend my time wallowing in happiness rather than chaining myself to my keyboard. Today though I’m having a wonderful day AND feel the need to write about it. Nothing special has happened just a good day.

Daniel is working and he took our lone vehicle so I’m literally trapped here in suburbia with the two kids. It’s cold out and they both have colds so we’re not going anywhere (although Kamryn has been out today already). We started the day with showers for all (no protests at all from Sam who hates showers) and then Kamryn went off with my father (standing in for Daniel) to her soccer class while my mother and I hung out at the house, drank tea, ate banana bread and watched Sam poop. Boy can that boy poop! In the hour and a half my mother was here I changed my “fresh from the shower” boy twice for “sizeable” reasons to (enough on that).

When Kamryn returned I “let” the kids watch Monsters Inc. (the only movie Sam will really watch) and they “let” me read “The Time Traveller’s Wife” (awesome book!). They actually both ate their lunch, Zoodles, happily and then munched on homemade banana bread for dessert. After lunch and some play time, Sam got all snuggly which he does when he wants to nap AND actually let me rock him to sleep rather than squiggling all over until we both get frustrated and I am forced to put him down. Kamryn and I played a little bit and then she too went down for her nap without a huge protest.

I have made French bread to have with dinner, which will be spaghetti with homemade sauce, and it is rising as I sit and type this while simultaneous eating my lunch and losing at Scrabble to a perfect stranger miles away from here. :) When Kamryn gets up from her nap, I think we will make cookies.

I’m totally content and thought I should share it.

No comments: