Monday, July 23, 2007

Totally aimless Vent written while steam was still shooting from my ears.

Just wanted to vent about the joys of having three children. But you say I only have two ... To this I laugh heartily. Today is my first day of vacation. Daniel is working and started his shift at 1 pm. He will be home around 11. He's very lucky.

There is a 3 X 5 foot space between the stairs to our deck and the house. Pre-deck, I'd had a little garden there and as a result it is a well fertilized, very fertile patch of dirt perfect for the copious weeds that I had taken root and some fugitive mint that I have been pulling up for years now. It was unsightly. It bothered me. So yesterday, I went to Home Depot. I bought some landscaping felt. I bought some 250 lbs of River rocks. I came home and I pulled the 3 foot tall weeds up completely by hand because Daniel informed me the weed whacker was out of string. *shrug* I lay down the landscaping felt and covered it with rocks. I looked neat. I looked nice. I was pleased.

There is a 6 x 8 hole in our basement where Daniel and my father have been putting in some plumbing for the bathroom we are putting in down there. Next to the hole is a huge pile of rubble that once was in the hole. I've been nagging (gently since I know it really serves NO PURPOSE) Daniel to get the rubble out of the basement so we can finish working on the basement for weeks.

I'm off work for two weeks and we're not going anywhere. The kids are in camp this week so no family activities at the moment. I refuse to let Daniel waste time this week and have projects that I'm "encouraging" him to make progress on. This morning I went out to run some errands and collect Sam from preschool. I left Daniel working on finishing the privacy panels for the deck (that he has been working on finishing since LAST summer). I came home and he proudly told me that he ran out of some particular type of screw so he had to wait until tomorrow to finish BUT that he had got started hauling the debris out of the basement. I got a warm loving feeling in my heart. He was working so hard. Isn't that special?

I drove him to work because he was late (as always lol).

Later in the afternoon the kids go to play in the backyard while I make dinner. I look out into the yard to check on them and they are in the process of transferring all the sand in the sand box from the box to the tent that I so kindly put up for them. I go down the deck stairs to yell at them (if I had a dime for every time I said "sand belongs IN the sand box -- I'm going to get rid of the blasted thing) and I look over to admire my handiwork from yesterday...

Sigh.

Now that the weeds are gone what a perfect place to store tons of yucky old broken up concrete!!!!

He's lucky I'll be asleep when he gets home from work.

My shoulders are killing me from hauling it all into the wheelbarrow and an empty garbage can (that is now to heavy for me to move). I have cuts all over my right hand because I did it with only one glove because wonder of wonders he didn't put the garden gloves back where they should be an I could only find one old glove and not its pair.

He's lucky he's working late.

So I cleaned up the yard. It's NOT a pretty yard but for once it looked relatively neat and tidy if not prosperous. Why ruin it? Next he'll be wanting to park an old car back there.

2 comments:

MissAdaptation said...

Oooh...girl...he is lucky he's working late. Can you do something completely passive aggressive to make yourself feel better? Shave your legs with his razor? There must be something.

pithydithy said...

Ummm...I'd kill him...by stoning...or concreting...

Okay, that's not very nice of me, is it? But boy howdy would I be annoyed!